We’re undertaking this challenge to support ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, the British Army’s national, and oldest, charity. We’ve committed to raise a minimum of £2,500 as a team and we’re well on our way to beat this target.
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity believe “That all soldiers, veterans and their immediate families should have the opportunity to avoid hardship and enjoy independence and dignity.”
Some of their achievements in 2016-2017
- Total charitable expenditure of around £9.2 million, directly supporting more than 4,500 individuals and funding 92 charities and organisations that delivered help on our collective behalf. Overall more than 75,000 people have been touched by their support – spread worldwide across 59 countries.
- Last year their oldest beneficiary was 105, and their youngest was nine months. 18% of their grants went to the Serving community.
- Another successful year saw a robust income of £19.3 million and further replenishment of their Reserves after the need to draw on them during the Iraq and Afghan campaigns.
- For the second year running, they were named as the number one charity nationally ‘To Deliver on its Promises’ by Third Sector, the UK’s leading publication for the voluntary sector.
- And they carried out a lot of work internally in response to recent highly critical comment on charities in general – to make sure they can continue to operate in a highly responsible and effective manner.
Find out about some of the people they have supported here: www.soldierscharity.org/stories
If you feel you can support our challenge, and donate to this worthy charity you can find our team fundraising page at fundraising.soldierscharity.org/dug-out-rats